Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Unpack Rats

On Thursday our crate from the U.S. was delivered and we have begun the arduous task of moving in and rediscovering all the little things that we haven't seen for the past two months.

Needless to say, we have been unpacking for five straight days and only now are we beginning to see a light at the end of the tunnel. Hence, no communication to the outside world and no recent blog updates.

Wordy is most glad to have her knives again. The 'knives' at the rental house were more like crushers and only had the ability to pulverize food into submission (i.e. cheese slices became cheese mashes.)

Quick NZ culinary note, we have recently learned that 'tasty' cheese is Kiwi code for extra sharp cheddar. Yes, extra sharp cheddar is tasty, but does that really make it tasty cheese? If it were up to me, I would call brie tasty cheese and call extra sharp cheddar tangy cheese. I would also call biscuits cookies and I would call biscuits....biscuits.

The one item I am truly glad to see again is my pillow. Not too soft, not too firm. Just right. I once likened that wearing my favorite pair of shoes was like a litter of kitties licking my feet all day. For pillows, this analogy is just plain creepy. Instead, I will say that my pillow does its job and does it magically well.

5 comments:

  1. Perhaps drinking decaliters of Milo for years has effectively rendered their taste buds useless and can only taste the sharpest of cheddars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a quick note. My Milo experience has run aground with no microwave at our new place. Without some sort of radiation, Milo lives on and on without dissolving. Milo is the cockroach of powdered drinks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you got your loot! Why didn't you go by Rocky and Wordy in Philly? Or did you? Was I out of the loop of secrets? xxoo Katie

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a private bag that you have to share.....Hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. No loop of secrets, Katie.

    And yes, Wordy and I share a private bag...hehehehe.

    At a meeting yesterday, the idea of 'fooling around' was discussed...very different connotation here...but I giggled none-the-less.

    ReplyDelete