Thursday, August 26, 2010

The Upswing

Now begins the part of our story where the good things of New Zealand start to emerge.

Sometimes we get lost in the details and forget exactly where we are.

I imagine that reading this blog over the past couple of weeks you may be imagining a country where everything is backwards and bizarre.

It's not.

Here is a list of some really great things about living here.

1) Daycare is VERY affordable and it is VERY good. If we still lived in Philly, we would be living in the red, even with two salaries, because of the cost of daycare.

2) I love my job. Everyday I walk into my office with a smile. Additionally, this job allows me more time to spend with Wordy and The Squidd.

3) Customer service at any electronics store is amazingly efficient and friendly. I almost fantasize about being invited to drink beer with staff in the storeroom.

4) There is a staff bar on campus in a Tudor mansion that serves local microbrews, wines, and just about any cocktail. This is the sign of a civilized university.

5) Tea time is genius. At 10:30AM and 3PM, work essentially stops and everyone has tea together.

6) The landscape here is phenomenal. Every time I go for a run up the hill, I am treated to see amazing mountains and the Pacific at the same time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment